Monday, November 16, 2009

When I start training my horse,?

do i have to break him to the bit also?(he's 2 y/o) Can I just start training him with a hack instead of a bit or does a big allow u to have more control over the horse? my horse hasn't had his teeth floated yet and right at the moment, I don't have enough money to get a vet to fix his teeth for me...does his teeth have to be floathed before i bit-break him?

When I start training my horse,?
Does your horse need his teeth floated? The bit shouldn't affect whether or not the teeth need floated. Yes you need to break him with a bit in his mouth try a lit easy snaffle ask your tack shop to help you later after he can yield to the bit and you have control of him you will be able to move into the hack don't rush your horse take plenty of time do lots of ground work and patience with young horses are important. Teach him to respect you and your space leg yeilds and softness and politeness , be able to control those hind quarters as well. there is so much to tell can't do it here . You'll do fine.


Good luck to you guys.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net